Thank you for choosing me to capture your little one at this precious, amazing, crazy time in your lives. This phase will go by quickly so having these images will be wonderful reminders of how tiny your little one once was and how you felt when you brought your baby home.
I'm looking forward to hosting you in my studio and I want to make it a comfortable and painless process. Please use these tips and information to prep for the session to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible:
*Try to keep baby awake for a couple hours before you leave for the session. Give baby a bath to keep him/her awake, interact with him/her, tickle feet. I know - so counter-intuitive to what you want to do, but again, we want baby nice and sleepy (: Maybe even ride next to baby in the car on the way over to keep him/her entertained.
* The goal is to have baby nice and full for the session, so I usually recommend feeding baby when you arrive. I have a boppy you can use. (I will remind you when you arrive but strip baby down for this feeding and please take a wet cloth during this time and wipe down baby's face/body to eliminate skin flakes and "eye boogers." If baby is super flaky you may consider using a baby-safe lotion.)
* If baby takes a pacifier, bring it with.
* My studio will be quite warm to help keep baby asleep and comfortable - so plan for that.
* I have plenty of hats, wraps, blankets, etc so you don't have to worry about providing anything. My mini studio sessions are completely planned out based on the colors and info you provided in the questionnaire. My workflow revolves around the props, wraps and accessories I will be using and I work in a manner that pretty much guarantees that baby will stay asleep the entire session, after he/she initially falls asleep. If you have a special outfit you want photographed on baby, please let me know beforehand, but understand that will probably compromise one of my other setups. If you want more flexibility with such things, consider a full session as it provides more time to get more special requests in. Note: hats and headbands are easy to slip on and off so those are no big deal to add as long as they match the wraps I'm using.
* As for what to wear for mom, dad, and siblings (if applicable) - I suggest something simple. Solid colors are good - patterns or wording take focus from the baby.
* Session flow: I will wrap baby first and get two different prop shots. While baby is wrapped it normally doesn't matter if he or she is awake or asleep. They are usually really comfortable and cozy all wrapped up. I then will move to a beanbag setup. Sibling shots (if applicable) will be next and then some family shots.
*The questionnaire you fill out prior to the session is the time to let me know if you have any specific poses you want. Remember - this is a wrapped session so do not plan on any naked shots. If you want naked shots, then lets talk about upgrading to a full session because those take longer both posing baby and during post processing. Also PLEASE do not arrive and show me a bunch of Pinterest ideas on your phone. I already will have a detailed workflow planned out and I don't like to be mean and say "no." (:
*Normal session time is 60-75 minutes but sometimes we go over. Don't stress if it's taking awhile to get baby settled - it's all part of the process.
*Just to be upfront, my family or portions of my family will probably be home. They are used to this routine and will be completely out of the way as my studio is closed off. We do not have any pets.
*Lastly, you need to know how to get here! My address is 6525 Briarwood Place, Zionsville.
*After the session I will post a sneak peek on social media within two days. My typical turnaround for proofs is one week or less. Once you choose your 10 favorites (or all of them), expect a 7-14 day turnaround. Turnaround times are subject to change depending on my workload at the time but I will communicate expectations with you. NOTE: Proofs will not be fully edited. They will be cropped and have basic exposure and color corrections. I will complete all of the detail editing for the images you select, including redness removal, extending backgrounds, blemish removal, etc. The final images will be much more polished than the proofs.
*Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to meeting you and your new addition!
Rescheduling Notice: Please note that if I am sick, I will reschedule our session. Per my contract, if that puts us outside the window of 3 weeks of age, you have the option to cancel your contract and I will return your deposit. Babies can be photographed successfully outside of the 3 week window but I don’t want to compromise your desired results and I definitely do not want to risk the health of your baby. I will always be open and honest about my health (which good news, I am typically a healthy person - but I have kids and kids tend to bring those germs home). (: Since my studio is in my home, I also will have an open discussion with you if any of my family members are sick and we can mutually decide how to proceed.